Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to the appointment. Sips of water to take medications or to moisten the mouth and lips are fine.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for the remainder of the day following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Del Vecchio prior to your surgical date for instructions. We suggest taking all your normal medications as prescribed UNLESS your physician and/or Dr. Del Veechio advises otherwise. Simply call us if any questions arise.